Summary of Service:
- www.letscontribute.in – is an online crowdfunded platform where users – students, youth, NGOs (‘Campaigners’) run campaigns to raise funds for their educations, sports, innovative projects and charities. They (‘Campaigners’) raise funds by posting their need/project in the website and gets interacted with various donors/Contributors/backers who supports the cause by making contribution.
- The Services are a Platform; We are not a Broker, Financial Institution, Creditor or Charitable Institution: The Services are an administrative platform only. Let's Contribute facilitates the Donation transaction between Champions and Donors, but is not a party to any agreement between a Champion and a Donor, or between any user and a Charity. Let's Contribute is not a broker, agent, financial institution, creditor or insurer for any user.
- Through the Site, email, websites, and other media, the Company makes accessible various content, including, but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, software, scripts, projects, other material and information, and associated trademarks and copyrightable works (collectively, “Content”).
- Campaigners, contributors or funders or backers, and other visitors (collectively, “Users”) may have the ability to post, contribute, create, upload, submit, or otherwise make accessible (“Submit”) Content. “User Submissions” means any Content Submitted by Users.
- eduharma.com verifies the content submitted by the campaigners, though we verify letscontribute.in cannot be very sure about the data provided by Campaigner. Therefore, letscontribute.in shall not ensure in any manner be responsible for collected or submitted campaigner’s data.
Registration and User Accounts:
- Backers shall agree and declare that the backer is aware that Let's Contribute has no responsibility to verify the accuracy of any statement/information/data published by the Campaigner or Campaign to which the backer has donated money via letscontribute.in. Backer shall agree that he/she will not spam any email/notifications/SMS that is sent regarding campaign updating, any campaign related activities or any activities regarding letscontribute.in.
- By creating a fundraising campaign on Let's Contribute, you as the campaigner are offering opportunity for the public to enter into a contract with you. Campaigner shall provide accurate and relevant data for which the campaigner needs to raise fund. The accurate and relevant data includes their name, goal amount, short description, long description, end date, reference contact details, campaigner/beneficiary contact details, images, documents and video. If any fake data notice is brought again your campaign, Let's Contribute has right to delete your campaign with or without your notice. Data submitted by campaigner shall not contain any third party integrated or third party copyrighted material, in case of any third-party material campaigner shall provide grant certificate. It is campaigner’s responsibility to promote campaign, raise funds, keep track of campaign funds and to follow backers. By creating campaign user agrees with the terms and conditions
Fee and Charges:
- Joining Let's Contribute is free.
- Let's Contribute does not charge any fees for creating a Campaign. An additional payment processing fee may also be deducted from each Donation and is payable directly to our third-party payment processors (the "Payment Processing Fee," and together with the Let's Contribute Fees, the "Fees"). Donors acknowledge that by contributing a Donation to a Campaign, the Donor is agreeing to any and all applicable terms and conditions set forth by a third-party payment processor, in addition to these Terms of Service.
- Platform fees and payment gateway fee are deducted directly from each campaign. Let's Contribute reserve the right to change its fee (platform fee 5% + service tax 18%(as per GST) + payment gateway fee 2%-3.2%. Fee charges may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after the Fee change becomes effective constitutes your acceptance of the updated Fees.
- Once the collected campaign fund is transferred to the campaigner, Let's Contribute at any cause can’t refund the amount donated by backer. But if the campaign funds are not transferred to the campaigner refund can be initiated to the backer only for a reasonable cause.
Rules and Conduct:
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract
- You know is false, misleading, inaccurate, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another’s privacy
- Constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters
- Contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of the Company or any third party
- Is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of the Company
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of the Company
- take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company’s or its third-party providers’ infrastructure
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service
- bypass any measures the Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service)
- run Mail list, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site
- You shall not directly or indirectly:
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction
- modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations
- Project Creators agree to not abuse other users’ personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project, or is not related to fulfilling delivery of a product or service explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project
Third Party and API:
- The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. Let's Contribute shall not take any responsibility for the actions, products, content and services on the Website, which are linked third party websites using the Website's APIs. When you access you shall access at your own risk
Content and License:
- You shall agree that the Service contains Content provided by the Company and its partners and Users and that the Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service
Limitation of Liability:
- In no event, shall the Company, nor its directors, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence, or any other legal service
- for any lost profits, data loss, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, substitute goods or services
- for any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like (regardless of the source of origination)
The Company shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where the failure results from any cause beyond the Company's reasonable control, including, without limitation, third party intervention, change in law or economic circumstances, mechanical, electronic, or communications failure or degradation
- The Company shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where the failure results from any cause beyond the Company’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic, or communications failure or degradation. The Terms and conditions are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable, or sub licensable by you except with the Company’s prior written consent. The Company may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of the Terms and conditions and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Terms and Conditions, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys’ fees. All notices under the Terms and Conditions will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service
- I.SCOPE AND APPLICABILITY
- Let’s contribute is committed to ensuring thatit maintains ethical business practices,complies with applicable law and its crowdfundingplatform is not used for funding illegalactivities. To achieve this objective we have preparedthis Anti-Money Laundering Policy(“AML Policy”) and request you to carefully read andfollow the policy. This policy is inaddition to your obligations under applicable lawson the prevention of moneylaundering and does not detract in any manner fromthose obligations. We urge you tobe aware of your obligations under such applicable laws. Let’s contribute ability tocomply with its obligations under applicable law isdependent on your cooperation andwe seek your cooperation via this policy.
- To ensure that we are not involved in any transactionsthat are known or suspected tobe means of laundering money if any suspicious activityis noticed, users of the Let’scontribute platform are urged to promptly contactgovernment authorities to facilitate anyaction that may be needed.
- This money laundering policy applies to all personsusing and accessing Let’scontributeLet’s contribute platform. This includesall donors, contributors, campaigners,and persons visiting our platform. All these personsare collectively referred to as“Users” or “users”.
- II.WHAT CONSTITUTES MONEY LAUNDERING AND SUSPICIOUS:
- “Money laundering” is largely understood to meanany act or attempt (directly or indirectly and even by association in one step of a series of transactions) to conceal or disguise the origin and ownership of proceeds obtained illegally, such that it appears tohave originated from legitimate sources; thus avoidingprosecution, conviction and confiscation of such proceeds. Terrorist organisations,tax evaders, smugglers, persons involved in bribery or any persons that receive moneyfor illegal activities and/or through illegal means may launder money.
- Recognising transactions involving money laundering requires awareness of possible suspicious activity, which may arise at any time.Below is an indicative list of actions that persons associated with Let’s contribute should becareful of. This list is not exhaustive,as every circumstance is not foreseeable. However,regardless of appearing together or individually, please be aware of the following situations that may be indications ofmoney laundering activity:
- (i) Users that are reluctant to provide complete information, or those that provideincomplete, false or suspicious information and/ orare unwilling to comply with Let’scontribute identification requirements;
- (ii) Users that appear as agents or representativesfor other individuals or organisations,but refuse to provide complete information about suchindividuals or organisations;
- (iii) Any person, including a Let’s contribute employee,that is concerned about or seeksto avoid any reporting requirements or refuses tomaintain required records;
- (iv) Payments made in cash or cash equivalents only(such as money orders, traveller’scheques, internet currencies or prepaid cash cards);
- (v) Donations of large amounts that appear to be outof place or inconsistent withnormal donation patterns, in the absence of any legitimaterequirement for suchdonation;
- (vi) Requests for payments to be made in unrelatedcountries or to third parties;
- (vii) Multiple partial payments from various partieson behalf of a single user and/ormultiple partial payments from various locations;
- (viii) Users making payments in one form, then requestingrefunds in other forms (forexample, making payments by credit card, but requestingrefunds in cash or by wiretransfers);
- (ix) Users making contributions, followed by immediate requests to wire out or transferthe funds to a third party or firm, without connectedpurposes;
- (x) Users requesting for donations to be paid in cashor wired to a third party or firm,without connected purposes;
- (xi) On-boarding of users by Let’s contribute employeesbased on incompleteinformation or in contravention of Let’s contributepolicies;
- (xii) Acceptance of incentives by a Let’s contributeemployee for breaching Let’scontribute policies;
- (xiii) Users connected to countries and/ or personsidentified as non- cooperative by theReserve Bank of India, Financial Action Task Forceon Money Laundering establishedby the G-7 Summit in 1987, Office of Foreign AssetsControl, US Department ofTreasury and international organisations against moneylaundering.
- III.STEPS TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE
- Compliance with Applicable Law: Users must, atall times, ensure that they accessand/ or utilise Let’s contribute platform in compliancewill all applicable law. Userscontributing or donating to campaigns should alsoensure that no funds used to
contribute or donate to a campaign originate from any unlawful activity. Similarly, userscollecting funds for a campaign must ensure that theyare not used for any illegalpurpose.
- Reporting Suspicious Activity: Users must, andwithout delay, report to relevantgovernment authorities any suspicious activity orred flag that they might come acrosswhile accessing or using Let’s contribute platform.
- IV.ACTION BY Let’s contribute
- Upon receiving knowledge of suspicious transactionsor any breach of applicable law orthis policy, Let’s contribute may take one or moreof the following steps:
- 1. Probe into the incident;
- 2.Report the incident directly to the appropriategovernment authority;
- 3.Suspend or delete a campaign;
- 4.Suspend or delete the user account(s);
- 5.Other steps/actions that Let’s contributemay deem appropriate.
- V.CONSEQUENCES OF AML POLICY VIOLATIONS
- Users agree that irreparable damage would occur toLet’s contribute if any of theprovisions of this AML Policy are not complied with.Accordingly, users agree that Let’scontribute is entitled to claim damages from usersfor violating this AML Policy inaddition to any other remedy to which they are entitledat law or in equity.
- VI.NO LIABILITY
- To the extent permitted under applicable law,Let’scontribute shall have no liability inrespect of any illegal transactions that take placeon its platform. Let’s contribute shallalso not be liable for any consequences (monetaryor otherwise) suffered by thestakeholders of a campaign or other users if it takesaction (in its sole discretion)pursuant to this policy and applicable law.
- VII.COMPLIANCE AND CO-OPERATION
- This policy must be complied with by the user in additionto the local laws applicable tothe users in their home jurisdictions. Users agreethat upon being requested by Let’scontribute or its legal counsel or any governmentauthorities they shall fully cooperatewith them in any formal or informal inquiry, investigationor other proceedings. In thisregard, users agree that they will promptly provideall information or documents theymay possess relevant to the inquiry, investigationor legal action or proceeding withoutany demur and at their own costs.
- VIII.MAINTENANCE AND DISCLOSURE OF RECORDS
- To help us comply with applicable law we obtain andrecord information that identifiesusers on our platform. This means we must ask youfor certain identifying information,including copies of government-issued ID and suchother information or documents thatwe consider appropriate to verify your identity. Fora detailed list of informationcollected, please visit https://www.letscontribute.in/faq.Let’s contribute hereby reservesthe right to maintain records confirming the identityof its users and the transactionsundertaken by them for as long as may be requiredunder applicable law. Let’scontribute also reserves the right to disclose thisinformation to government authoritiesin case of any inquiry, investigation or other proceedingsinitiated by them.
- IX.GOOD FAITH
- No policy, law or code of conduct can foresee everysituation, and Let’s contribute relieson the good faith of its users to promptly reportany concerns or ‘red flags’ envisaged bythis AML Policy to government authorities. Let’s contributepresumes that all information(including documents relating to the identity ofits users) is true and accurate and theusers represent the same to Let’s contribute by virtueof using the services of Let’scontribute.
- Let’s contribute reserves the right to modify andamend this AML Policy at any time.Let’s contribute will not be liable to any usersor third parties for any modification oramendment. Users are recommended to review the AMLPolicy from time to time, forthe most up-to-date version. In the event of modificationor amendment to the AMLPolicy, continued use of the Let’s contribute platform,after notice of material changes,will constitute acceptance of the modified or amendedterms. If the modifications oramendments to the AML Policy are not acceptable byany registered users, the only
remedy would be to cease usage of the Let’s contribute platform, by deleting therelevant account or writing to us email@example.com.
- XI.GOVERNING LAW
- Any dispute or claim relating in any way to this AMLPolicy is subject to the exclusivejurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai. Laws prevailingin India, without regard to principlesof conflict of laws, will govern this AML Policy andany dispute related to/arising fromthis AML Policy, between Let’s contribute and theconcerned user.XII.SURVIVALThis AML Policy will survive the termination of Let’scontribute relationships with theconcerned user.
- This AML Policy will survive the termination of Let’scontribute relationships with theconcerned user.
- Should have any queries or require any assistancein relation to this policy, please writeto us firstname.lastname@example.org its users) istrue and accurate and the users representthe same to Let’s contribute by virtue of using theservices of Let’s contribute.